At Sole Motion Podiatry, we use functional movement screening techniques & corrective exercise prescription. The Movement Assessment Tool offers many benefits to teams and individuals looking to reduce injuries and improve performance.
The Functional Movement Assessment Tool is an innovative system whereby its used to evaluate the quality of movement patterns in athletes and patients. This will help to demonstrate the limitations or asymmetries within individuals in relation to basic movement patterns and ultimately formulate a treatment plan with outcomes. This is made up of several fundamental movement patterns that involve balance, mobility and stability.
Our Functional Movement Screening can assist with
- Identifying weaknesses, imbalances & physical limitations
- Developing a baseline of movement patterns that are measureable
- Improving optimal movement patterns enhancing athletic performance
- Individual exercise programs for specific and measurable results
- Identifying movement compensations that may reduce the risk of sports, training or work related injuries
- Providing simple corrective exercises to improve fundamental movement patterns
Who Can use this
- Patients looking to improve or increase on their physical capacity
- Patients looking to return to sports, work or activities
- Patients or athletes looking to improve on athletic functional performance & reduce risks of injury and recurrence.
- Sports teams wanting to improve athletic performance and reduce injury risk and recurrence
- Anyone looking to improve their movement capabilities in everyday life
Balance & Gait Assessment
Gait analysis usually involves walking or running on a treadmill. In some cases your podiatrist will simply watch the way that you move, looking in particular at your feet, ankles, knees and hips. Video is used to record your gait to use in both our analysis and to show you the biomechanical functioning of your feet and legs, your postural alignment, the function of your footwear and/or orthotics and much more.