Workplace Injuries – Worksafe
Construction sites & factory warehouses are not the main professions for foot injuries. Slippery surfaces in office buildings or hospital wards can cause a fall or sprained ankle. Occupations where prolonged standing or walking on hard surfaces such as concrete or tiles can cause everything from bunions to collapsed arches. Heavy objects falling on feet with poor footwear protection are just as likely to succumb to these types of injuries.
Squatting, kneeling, bending, rotating & reaching are movements where hips, knees, ankles and feet can cause degenerative changes like arthritis if managed poorly and can lead to ongoing pain.
Here are some common workplace injuries
- Ingrown Toenails – from poor fitting footwear or work-issued footwear without the correct fitting protocols.
- Toe pain or top of foot pain – direct trauma to the area, or ball of foot pain from standing or prolonged walking.
- Ankle Injuries from falls or uneven surfaces or slippery conditions.
- Knee Pain from squatting, kneeling or walking stairs/ladders through elevation or decline.
- Hip – Mechanical weight-bearing through heavy lifting or poor seated postural positions in the office setting.
- Lower Back pain – from laboring or repetitive lifting or prolonged seated position in office settings.
At Sole Motion, your lower limb specialists, we can provide a proactive management & prevention plan for these work-related injuries that can potentially impact on function, production & time off work.