Laser therapy has revolutionised the way we treat injuries and pain – and the speed at which we achieve great results.?
Low-level laser therapy (LLLT, or otherwise known as ‘our secret weapon’) has helped us to heal soft tissue injuries faster than we’ve seen before in our years of practice. More than that, it’s worked on a variety of injuries that were extremely difficult to treat such as back and neck pains, arthritis, and all types of joint and muscles pains and strains throughout the lower limbs. We love laser therapy because it’s:
- Completely safe
- No side effects
Laser therapy uses red and near infrared light to stimulate cells and speed up the healing, repair and strengthening process. We’ve seen it work brilliantly for both acute sports injuries, and chronic conditions or injuries that have impaired patients for decades. The evidence behind laser therapy continues to grow with over 1000 published laboratory studies and over 200 successful clinical trials.
The 3 main benefits of laser therapy in joint and muscle injuries are:
- Pain relief: the temporary inhibition of nerve conditions and nerve fibres
- Tissue repair: the rapid regeneration of skin, muscle, tendons, ligaments, bone and nerves
- Decrease inflammation leading to permanent pain relief
Laser therapy is fantastic for treating:
- Lower back pain including chronic pain
- Nerve pain in the lower limbs – Sciatica
- Tendinopathies – Patella, Peroneal, Achilles
- Arthritic pain and joint pain throughout the body
- Acute Hip, Knee, Ankle and Foot Pain
- Osteoarthritis, Gout, Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Neuralgia (inc. Trigeminal)
- Muscle sprains and strains Acute & Chronic
- Mortons Neuroma
- Post operative pain and swelling
Top 5 Questions
LLLT is non – invasive and does not hurt. Some patients may experience sensations post treatment, which should pass (e.g. fatigue).
Our sessions generally take 20 – 30mins. Research has indicated that prolonged treatment provides no additional benefit to the patient. In other words there is an optimal dose time of approximately 20mins.
The damaged cells absorb the light and convert it to energy. That energy aids in tissue repair, reduction of inflammation and blocks pain nerves.
Whilst LLLT alone may be enough to treat your condition we also use Kinesio Taping methods to ‘unlock’ the area and/or reduce inflammation.
Every medical condition is different and responses to LLLT can differ. Generally 4 – 6 treatments will indicate how likely you are to respond to further treatments.